Re: [NTLK] Phoenix ala Newton? (rumor alert)

From: Mark (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 17:41:23 PDT

As someone who has been involved in a significant number of patent
filings, I can tell you that this is an old patent that has been renewed
at significant expense. The US did not start issuing unexamined patents
until about 2000. This patent dates back to 1995 (obviously, with a
picture of an MP1X0) and had to be abandoned and re-filed. If it were
just an original filing being prosecuted, it would not have been issued
now as an unexamined patent application as it would follow the rules from
when it was filed (only the fully issued patents were published then). As
such, it appears that there is a real, current reason for this to pop up
now. What they have up their sleeves, is anyone's guess.

--
Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html