[NTLK] Individual Name Cards to VCard Format?

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 15:17:45 PDT

I think this should be an easy one.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do. My Newton Names package is
sync'd to my OSX Address book with approximately 900 contacts. When I
add a contact to my Newton, I'd like to be able to export that contact
in VCard (.vcf) format, so I can email or X-Port that contact to my Mac
and import that one contact into the Address Book. That should be
possible right?

I know I could use NewtSync, but I always put new contacts in my Newton
first, so it would be easier for me to do it this way. (moving data in
one direction from Newton-to-Mac.).

The reason I think it must be possible, is that I noticed that
SimpleMail allows you the "Enclose Card" option when you email
anything. That attachment comes into the OSX Mail app as a V-Card, and
imports right into the Address Book no problem. Now I understand that
the Owners Card does not originate from Names, but the Owners and
Workplace package, but I have to think there must be some little
software hack that can convert Name entries into a V-Card format.
Anybody got any ideas or solutions to this one?

Thanks.

--
David Deranian
Digital Arts & Sciences, Inc.