Re: [NTLK] Phoenix ala Newton? (rumor alert)

From: Mark (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 17:02:52 PDT

If Apple wanted to broaden the scope of the patent, they could have done
just that. By abandoning a patent, you can rewrite the specification (and
pay all over again) and keep your original filing date as a priority over
anything else that got filed since. The original patent obviously had
flaws that prevented it from issuing, or it would have done that long ago
(average time to issue a US patent is about 2.5-3 years). They didn't,
but kept the original MessagePad references. What there're up to is
anyone's guess (and quite a few of them are here!).

--
Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html