Re: [NTLK] Wisconsin Newton User Looking For Help

From: Michael Briley (mike_at_maxwell.phys.uwosh.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 11:08:40 PDT

On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 12:53 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>> For internet or email access, you need to have a supported Ethernet
>> card, plus all packages from the Newton Internet Enabler archive.
>> Plus, any driver for your specific Ethernet card. Once you have that
>> and your card is recognized, we can go to the next step which is the
>> configuration.
>
> Or a modem of course, incase the internet access won't be through a
> router.
>
> Robert Benschop

Or a WiFi card... For me, the trouble was loading NIE & drivers without
a serial dongle or another Newton with 2.1. But it was possible over
IrDA from an old Pismo we had lying about. Laurent pretty much summed
it up - load the drivers & configure.

I'd be certainly willing to give you a hand with this. I'm all the way
up in Oshkosh though - probably not worth a two hour drive... But if
you find yourself in the Fox Valley, let me know...

-Mike

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html