Re: [NTLK] eMate worth it . . .

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 11:13:26 PDT

Christian Burk wrote:
> Anyway, is it worth it to get an eMate, which these days are going
> pretty cheap. I'd love to have the whole keyboard thing and MP
> together. What do dual owners (any out there) think?

Plusses for the eMate:
- design
- form factor if you're a typing person
- ease of use

Con's
- speed

The eMate is only a bit faster than a 130 which isn't really noticeable
with word processing and such, but you'll need some utilities to
circumvent especially Extras as a launcher, becasue that really feels
too slow.
EZ Access and Tasks together so a pretty good job (both freeware) but
StartBar of SAS makes it even better.
EZ Access: http://guelph.unna.org/unna/utilites/menus/EZAccess2.1/
Tasks: guelph.unna.org/unna/utilites/menus/Tasks
StartBar: http://www.standalone.com/newtonos/index.shtml

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html