[NTLK] Contest over , some ?'s

From: Ron R. Silva (ronsilvar_at_husky-net.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 08:09:19 PST

> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 21:05:20 -0600
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] UPDATE Contest over , some ?'s
> From: Bill Miranda <txgitarman_at_attbi.com>
>

> On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 01:35 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:
>> Perhaps just encouraging people to visit with a bunch of links instead
>> would allow for a simpler class of questions, or at least questions
>> that don't seem to be so obscure.
>>

> I never could find the answer to that sandwich question. However, I
> learned that you could re-enter after putting in a wrong answer so I
> kept trying until I got it right. That approach generated some heckling
> from the webmaster who know doubt identified that I was utterly
> clueless! It did get me reading the profiles in the archive which was
> of real value. Perhaps you might have told everyone that answers to all
> questions could be found on that very site it might have helped. But
> there's smart people here, I'm sure those that tried figured that out.
> (Although there was someone trolling for answers on the MacAddict
> forum).
>
>> Although, obviously the traffic generated seems like it is the real
>> issue.
>>
>> Maybe trying to get some mainstream web coverage from places like
>> Xlr8yourmac or Maccentral or even slashdot for the contest would really
>> drive your counter crazy???
>>

> MacAddict forum, maybe pdageek.com, smaller.com (?) I agree, I think
> with that MacAddict article and other recent media attention driving a
> mini revival of interest in the Newton there could be opportunities to
> promote outside the converted to get a Newton for free to see what all
> the fuss is about!

Darn, I lost and I really needed that Newton!! I enjoyed the challenge but
got totally bogged down by the Michael Tciao (sp) question. I finally gave
up and discovered all I had to do was enter the answers and if I missed them
the answers to the questions were posted right there for all to see. My
question: Was I disqualified if I used the "shortcut"?

My beef, possibly shared by many others is the time to look up the answers.
I just couldn't put that much time into answering such obscure questions.
They were excellent question but just too time consuming. But, I really
loved the contest idea and certainly do hope it is continued. I really
_wanted_ to win that mp 2100 and was determined to get it! . But I was very
determined to win that MP Newton Messagepad from J&K sales after registering
nearly 74 different names and email addresses on thisoldnewt and I still
lost and there were only 75 entries! :-(

Ron Puhling Yalegg

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html