[NTLK] Serial Channel 3

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 14:15:38 PST

What do I have to do to use Serial Channel 3 on my 2100 as an AppleTalk
port? I know that I need an LT1323 to make it AppleTalk compatible, but I'm
not entirely sure how to wire it. I want to be absolutely sure that this
won't damage my Newton.

What speed are the Newton's serial ports? RS-422 can support up to 10
Mbaud. Can the Newotn drive them that fast?

I also understand that I would need a driver to make it do anything. Would
there be any way to make it work with the Dock application as an item in the
"Connect via" menu?

Also, what are the specifications of the internal header? Is it the same as
the interconnect port? If so, what is its orientation?

Lastly, what happened to the Q blueprints? Did anyone ever get them?

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html