Re: [NTLK] Questions reguarding a memory card for my 2100?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 01:30:42 PST

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 12:09 AM, J. Ferguson wrote:
<snip>
> it would work. It says on the card flash memory 32 megs by simple
> technologies. The card also says perfect for digital cameras and
> advertises
> thats it is "ATA" It is a full sized PMCIA card similiar to the ones
> in my
> newt.
> Any ideas if this would work? I'm out 25 bucks if it doesn't work.
> (They
> have an all sales are final policy. ) I'd take my Newt, but I have
> doubts
> they would allow me to try it before I buy it.

If it says ATA on it, it won't work without Paul Guyot's driver.

Also $25 bucks is too expensive IMHO for a used one if these, when you
consider there was a slew of 32M Linear cards a moment ago for 10$
each, and even if those are dried up, you can get a 128M ATA Compact
flash card with an adapter for about $60.00

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html