Re: [NTLK] Newbie ?s on Storage Cards

From: Doug (gecko_at_pipeline.com.au)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 17:33:52 PST

Hi,

>I am using a 512MB compact flash card divided into 4 partitions with no
>problems. I am still working on getting my Kinston 5GB card to work.
>Chris Lang

Thanks! You just answered the question I was going to ask. So I'll ask
this one instead ....
Most of the info on the ATA driver compatibility page seems to concern
the memory cards (eg. compact flash) and not so much emphasis (or mention
in some cases) of the PCMCIA adaptor. Will most adaptors work or is this
also critical?

Also has anyone tried the '4 in 1 Adaptor' PCMCIA types that do SM, MM,
SD and memory stick? I couldn't find any 4 in 1 types in the
compatibility list.

(PS. still looking for a replacement MP2000 screen in OZ)

Thanks.

Doug in OZ.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html