Re: [NTLK] Newbie ?s on Storage Cards

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 14:35:11 PST

Il me semble que le 15/3/03 à 12:33 +1100, Doug nous racontait:
>Most of the info on the ATA driver compatibility page seems to concern
>the memory cards (eg. compact flash) and not so much emphasis (or mention
>in some cases) of the PCMCIA adaptor. Will most adaptors work or is this
>also critical?

CF adapters are passive and aren't critical (unless you have a defective one).
Other adapters are more or less active and can be critical.

>Also has anyone tried the '4 in 1 Adaptor' PCMCIA types that do SM, MM,
>SD and memory stick? I couldn't find any 4 in 1 types in the
>compatibility list.

SD cards don't and probably won't work with ATA Support. MMC cards should work.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/