Re: [NTLK] Waterproofing a Newt

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 10:48:29 PST

Quoting Doug Parker <doug_at_ispinn.com>:

> Mounting the Newt to the bike is a work-in-progress. I'm sure I'll have
> that sussed, soon enough. But what stumps me is what direction to take
> to get my Newt waterproofed.

Ziploc bag? I'm not sure how you'd waterproof it and still be able to tap
reliably on the screen.

I totally don't recommend it, but back when I was a crazy high school student
and in charge of the video yearbook I think we once wrapped a Panasonic AG190
industrial VHS camcorder in a lot of plastic bags and tried to /immerse/ it
into a swimming pool during a swim meet. I think the camera survived, I don't
remember how much water got in :)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html