Re: [NTLK] Screen Covers & Newt Covers

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 10:45:01 PST

Quoting Rich Oliver <rich_at_mtgapmac.com>:

> Now, I want to protect everything. I have used Concept Kitchen's
> WriteRight
> screen covers for both Newton and Palm, but couldn't seem to find them. I
> now understand that Fellowes bought them out? Is there any chance of still
> getting some WriteRights for my MP2x00?

WriteRights aren't made for any Newton models anymore. Your best bet is
NuShields:

http://www.nushield.net/

The proprietor, Mark, is an NTLK member and a great guy. Yes, I am a
satisfied NuShield customer.

> And what about a nice neoprene cover/case for it? I know there used to be
> something for the 2x00, but I have no idea where I might even begin to
> look for it.

There was once a Neoprene cover called the NewtSuit - I think they might have
been only for the 1x0 models. Cases are hard to find nowadays - look on eBay.

I have a belt holster on order, and if I like it enough I'll probably sell my
BurroPak to some lucky person. I can't find a photo of one right now. It's a
 padded slip case for the 2x00 with an extra pocket, velcro flap cover, and
padded base. It came with a detachable holster strap, which I almost never
used - I mainly used it as a padded cover that lived in my usual bag.

Check out the "Case Reviews" here on The Gadgeteer to see what was made:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/newton.html

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html