Re: [NTLK] Newton ROMs

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 23:33:59 PST

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 06:52 , Dylan Stewart wrote:

> My problem is that I don't have a good computer at all. I have a
> Classic
> and a PowerBook 5300c with 16 MB of RAM and no internet connection. I
> also
> have a slow Windows computer that I use for school development and not
> much
> else. I desperately need to upgrade its processor. I tried Basilisk
> II,
> but it is far too slow to be useable for much on my poor Windows box.

The PB would perhaps do. For some time, I used a crappy Performa 6200
for development... but if you can spare some change, you should get a
Quadra class machine with some RAM.

I've struggled for some time to get the serial ports working under
BasiliskII and have given up on that (EtherTalk though works but Hammer
wants serial).

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html