Re: [NTLK] Newton vs Tungsten mention

From: Joost van de Griek (joost_at_jvdg.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 03:57:24 PST

On 2003-03-19 11:49, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:

> Having now played with a Tungsten, the sync issue can be the only appeal -
> the HW is like a bar of soap to pick up and the sliding door is just silly.
>
> Battery life has taken a serious hit to power what is a nice, but
> essentially superflous colour display.

Hm, I must say I like the Tungsten, hardware-wise. I was kind of considering
getting one to replace my m505, but I am seriously underwhelmed with the
software side of it. Now that they've finally crammed a faster CPU into the
Palm, it's about time they started upping the OS to something that is a bit
more with the times. All things considered, they're still on Palm OS 3, with
added support for colour and higher resolution screens. Like, wow (yawn).

But from a hardware standpoint, the Tungsten T rocks, IMHO.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.