Re: [NTLK] [OT] Re: kallisys?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 10:07:29 PST

on 03/20/03 12:51 PM, Lou Forlini at lforlini_at_sspi-software.com wrote:

> Why speculate? From kallisys.com:

Because from what the previous note had said, it sounded like kallisys.com
was *down*, i.e. unavailable -- therefore no point in looking.

That said, I'm disappointed in Paul. Not that he chose to take some
symbolic action to express his views, but rather that I'd've expected him to
give folks here a bit of notice. Not to mention that it's a somewhat
foolish action to injure the *international* Newton community over something
we have no control over.

BUT... No matter how strongly I disagree with his views on this matter, I
just as strongly feel that he's entitled to voice his views in whatever
manner he sees fit. Anyone wishing to debate Paul on his views, should take
the matter up with him directly and off-list. By the same token, those
choosing to rebut Lou, should also take it off-list. Not to stifle debate
but as a practical matter that historically such debates have spiraled out
of control, generating enormous volumes of traffic. Which is unfair to
those reading the list via dial-up and/or on their Newts.

- Eric.

What if the 'Hokey-Pokey' really IS what it's all about??
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html