Re: [NTLK] Best Ethernet Card?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 13:54:24 PST

Quoting David Mills <solidsilver_at_ntlworld.com>:

> Now I have found the D link cards for sale in the UK and the codes are
> similar apart from the final 3 letters pretty much. Would they still work
> even though they are slightly different numbered? Their picture looks the
> same.
>
> I'll list what I found:
>
> DFE650TX
>
> DFE680TX
>
> DFE690TXD

None of these will work. D-Link model numbers that start with "DFE" are
10/100 cards, and use a different chipset for which no Newton driver exists.
What you need are the DE650 or DE660 cards, these are supported by the ATLAN
multi-card driver.

The final three letters only refer to the kind of cables the cards support and
don't really matter.

(The things you learn when you maintain lists of Ethernet cards...)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html