Re: [NTLK] Special treatment for newbies?

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 22:11:27 PST

On 25.3.03 at 14:33:37 PST, Rick Ludwig said:
> I guess as long as you made a seperation between Newton newbies and
> Newton list newbies. For a long time Newton user who has just
> 'discovered' the e-mail list, they probably wouldn't want all of this
> newbie stuff.
> Would this be an option?

Well, with the mentoring idea, you wouldn't have to worry about that. They
would simply receive anE-mail that says that their Newton mentor is
such-and-such and that they are now subscribed to the list. If they don't
need much help, then they can just talk with the mentor and tell him/her so.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a mentor
system. Of course, it was me who proposed it in this thread, so I'm not the
one who's opinion should matter much. :-)

> -Rick

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html