Re: [NTLK] Special treatment for newbies

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 08:17:54 PST

Joel wrote (about using macros to give longer replies to newbie FAQs):
> That's a good idea - would we draw the text for the macros=20
> from a common source like the FAQ or do we pick the best=20
> answers from the list?
>=20
> Do we all end up replying with the same boilerplate text so=20
> the poor questioner gets 15 identical replies!

        I don't know about that! It would give the newbie some strange
ideas: "We are the Newton collective. Welcome. Your questions will be
answered as you are drawn into the collective hive mind. Be at ease and
try some of our nice poutine..."
        On the other hand, it might be better than 15 replies of "Check
the FAQ"...

Jim Anderson

Blardy blar blar blar...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html