Re: [NTLK] Special treatment for newbies

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 01:31:07 PST

Jim,

> Another possibility would be to use macros to make answering
> newbie questions easier.

That's a good idea - would we draw the text for the macros from a common
source like the FAQ or do we pick the best answers from the list?

Do we all end up replying with the same boilerplate text so the poor
questioner gets 15 identical replies!

Perhaps a rotating schedule for answering newbie questions from among the
list members who would handle it for a week then pass it on to another
volunteer.

Joel.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html