Re: [NTLK] [OT] [Expose'] Poutine: Elaborate French-Canadian Ruse or Complete Hoax?

From: Peter Fraser (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 15:37:30 PST

astounding. we now have key information: the location of The Heart of Pou=
tine Country.

i'm also seeing disturbing parallels to another, uh, national dish: kimchi=
. lots of varieties, held in great esteem by the locals, and reviled as re=
ally nasty elsewhere...

is there a poutine museum (Musee' de la Poutine) - there's a kimchi museum =
in korea someplace, i heard.

so i just phoned a friend of a friend, up in Ste-Anne-de-Beaupr=C3=A9, to s=
ee if i could blow this trip out into a visit to see his personal phonograp=
h museum. (i collect phonographs, which is why there are so many Edison re=
ferences out of me sometimes) that's 3 hours beyond Montreal, apparently. =
i don't know him, except through the hobby and this is the first time we'd =
spoken by phone. thick french accent.

i asked him whether, if i were to visit, i could get a good poutine in his =
town. he sniffed and paused, and said, "i would imagine so, but i have nev=
er had it. you see, i am...French."

uh-huh.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html