Re: [NTLK] Old newton user wants to get back...

From: Will Ross (paxswill_at_macmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 01:00:48 PST

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 09:41 PM, newtonfan wrote:

> Hi all,
> I used to use a MP2k, well, I've kept it safely for
> now, but I'd really like to find out whats new with
> the scene.
> I'm keen on picking up an MP2100 but I thought I'd run
> some concerns past you all first. I know that some of
> it would have been covered before, so bare with me
> please..
> I'm running OS X on my ibook. Would I be able to synch
> with my MP2x? Would of course want to synch addresses,
> calendars, to-do lists etc. Import word docs as well.
> Hopefully spreadsheets, but thats not a must. Can be
> done? What are the software and hardware required?
> MP3s. Read a recent article that said that the MP was
> now able to hook up to iTunes. Huge wow. Whats that
> all about? What would I need?
> Internet. I've a Nokia 6610, which is a GPRS cell
> phone. Any chance I do use that to hook up the MP to
> the internet? Nothing too heavy, just would like to
> access some news sites, google, check email etc.
> Again, what would I need?
>
> And finally. When I left the scene, PIXSolution was
> offering an accelerator upgrade for the MP2x series.
> Any feedback on that?
>
> Any useful links that I should know about?
>
> Thanks a ton in advance to all.
>
> Hope to be able to get back to the newton scene soon.
>
> Best regards
>
> Alvin
DCL Prelimbinaries should do .pkgs: Alas, I cannot get www.kallisys.com
to work!
iTunes Stuff: http://www.pixell.net/doppler/newton/
NewtSync: http://www.everchanging.com/newton/
-Will

oppertunityisnowhere

Where there is a Will, there is a way.

Why kill two birds with one stone when you can kill a whole flock with
one shotgun?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html