[NTLK] OT: Cottage Cheese

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 09:35:28 PST

Well, I should not encourage the poutine thread. But
like a vortext, it sucks in all newtoneers...

Here's the deal: you want cottage cheese? Do not go to
France! During 5 years in France I never once not a
single time saw cottage cheese, one of the few
american cheeses (along with WHITE cheddar) that I
like (I tolerate colby and monterey jack).

Naturally being france and all there were literally
dozens of other cheezes most of which I had never had
before.

Then I became a hard core vegetarian, won't even eat
stuff made with rennet (which usually comes from a
cows stomach). Though there are vegan rennet
substitutes (cheese made therefrom tastes just fine -
unlike soy "milk" - whatta joke!)

Anyway a question: does cottage cheeze use rennet?
What about quark?

I also never saw philadelphia cream cheeze in France.
However it is available in Germany. I think I saw
cottage cheese in Germany once.

=====
"There is no credible information to connect Saddam Hussein to 9/11."
Robert Byrd, United States Senator (D. West Virginia)

President Bush has failed "so miserably at diplomacy that we're now forced to war."
Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D. South Dakota)

Assassination, torture, secret trials, indefinite arrest without warrant or notice to one's family, restrictions of the right to counsel, military tribunals and restrictions of the press in the name of "national security" are the hallmarks of dictatorship.