Re: [NTLK] OT: Cottage Cheese

From: Paul Nuernberger (newton_at_thenuernbergers.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 21:35:32 PST

My maternal grandparents owned a dairy farm for years, and my grandmother
made her own cheese (colloquially known as 'farmers cheese' in many places).
The precursor prior to it being actually put into blocks or wheels was
*very* similar to what is sold as cottage cheese in the US. I do not recall
there being any cow-related products other than the milk in it.

eric engle sent
(snip)

> Anyway a question: does cottage cheeze use rennet?
> What about quark?
>
> I also never saw philadelphia cream cheeze in France.
> However it is available in Germany. I think I saw
> cottage cheese in Germany once.
(snip)

> President Bush has failed "so miserably at diplomacy that we're
> now forced to war."
> Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D. South Dakota)

And most certainly the EIGHT YEARS of his predecessor doing little to
nothing to avert this has absolutely nothing to do with it. Get some
perspective, please. Thought we agreed this was to stay off list ??

Paul Nuernberger

"You may gain temporary appeasement by a policy of concession to violence,
but you do not gain lasting peace that way." - Anthony Eden, 1897-1977

"An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last."
Sir Winston Churchill

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html