[NTLK] Importing Nisus Writer Files into NewtWorks

From: Jeff Abbott (jabbott_at_ninewire.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 06:43:29 PST

>From: csearles_at_t-online.de (Chris Searles)
>
>on 28.03.2003 6:15 Uhr, Jeff Abbott at jabbott_at_ninewire.net typed
>vigorously:
>
>> --NewtWorks. I write books, and I can download a Nisus Writer or an
>> RTF file for an entire book (500 page manuscript) into
>> NewtWorks
>
>Pardon my ignorance, but could you please give me a quick walk-through how
>to best transfer Nisus Writer files into NewtWorks.

Sure.
1) Hook your Newton to your Mac via ethernet or serial
2) open NCU on your Mac
3) Connect via Dock on your Newton
4) select the NewtonWorks Import option on NCU
This will open a selection window;
5) select the Nisus Writer file you want to import
6) press Import

That's it. I've never had a formatting or other problem in bringing
Nisus docs into the Newt. I'm using Nisus Writer 6.5.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html