Re: [NTLK] Importing Nisus Writer Files into NewtWorks

From: Jeff Abbott (jabbott_at_ninewire.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 06:26:23 PST

>From: csearles_at_t-online.de (Chris Searles)
>
>on 29.03.2003 15:43 Uhr, Jeff Abbott at jabbott_at_ninewire.net typed
>vigorously:

> > That's it. I've never had a formatting or other problem in bringing
> > Nisus docs into the Newt. I'm using Nisus Writer 6.5.
>

>It does. Thanks, Jeff. From what I'd gleaned from the list thus far such
>exchange of files was solely possible with ClarisWorks 5. (Or did that refer
>to exporting documents from the Newt to the Mac? Is Nisus also able to open
>document files exported from the Newt?)

Chris: Yes. If you are exporting from NewtonWorks, Nisus is one of
the supported word processors in the Export list under NCU.

If you are exporting from Notes, Nisus can read it, but the
formatting is lost. For example, if you export a Note with
checklists, Nisus will put "Done" in front of checked-off items, but
the list will be in a paragraph as opposed to a list. I don't often
import from Notes into Nisus, though. If there is a way to preserve
the formatting, I'm unaware of it. Although if you were doing this a
lot, maybe you could write a formatting macro in Nisus to make it
work.

Jeff (finally glad he can offer help on this list as opposed to
asking a question)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html