Re: [NTLK] DuoDock.

From: Jeremy Wood (woodjd_at_whitman.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 00:03:53 PST

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Bog Rat wrote:

> On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 06:22 am, Martin Joseph wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 10:33 AM, Bog Rat wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> I had that problem too, has anyone had any luck upgrading the contents
> >> of the dock, to perhaps an internal CD drive, mine had a scsi
> >> external,
> >> any chance of fitting it up to run os X?
> >
> > NO!
>
> Ok, do you reckon OS9.x ? As in OS 8, it will not see OS X computers.

Two things:
1.) Make sure that it has the most recent version of AppleShare
(should be able to DL from Apple Support)

2.) Make sure that Appletalk is turned on on the OSX machine.

        I do random IT stuff for a small office. They run OSX 10.2 Server.
One of the engineers still does his coding on an old Quadra 700, and I had
to make sure it could share files before I could get the go-ahead on the
server upgrade (mostly wanted 10.2 over Appleshare IP for improved Windows
filesharing.)

        I think that I ended up installing OS 7.6, with the most recent
Appleshare install, running OpenTransport. Works just fine. Quite the
mixed bag both by vintage and platform in that place.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html