Re: [NTLK] Apple modem tool!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 21:35:07 PST

on 30/03/03 23:52, Dr. Julie Armstrong at drarmstrong_at_mac.com wrote:

> Okay, so I've been installing pkgs with the Package installer, no
> trouble. But today, all of the sudden, (no changes to my computer) I am
> unable because "Apple modem tool is not installed" What gives?
>
> I have been told my logic board is going... Could it have eaten this
> necessary file?
>
> Where can I get another?

I've never heard of logic boards eating extensions. So, it must be something
else. Your cat maybe?

Usually, you can bring back those Communication Toolbox extensions by
re-installing Package Installer or Newton Communication Kit or Newton
Connection Utilities, depending on the Newton you are using.

-Laurent.

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html