Re: [NTLK] Trouble getting my MP130 to connect

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 01:23:45 PDT

On donderdag, mei 1, 2003, at 08:28 Europe/Amsterdam, Mac User wrote:
> While there is no visible change between either the Newt or the iMac,
> I'm getting a message box from the iMac saying it can't initialize the
> Stealth serial port as its being used. This happens when I plug in the
> Newt via the serial cord and start up NCU. So something is happening,
> but I don't know what.

But that has to be where your problem is, these error messages on a Mac
do mean something ;-)

So is your serial port in use? AFAIR from old macs this often meant
that Appletalk was on on the serial port.

And why are you using Appletalk over serial anyway, can't you first try
with 'normal' serial?

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html