Re: [NTLK] programming Newton

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 12:37:23 PDT

* Paul Guyot <pguyot_at_kallisys.net> [ 5 May 2003 08:38]:
> Il me semble que le 5/5/03 à 00:12 -0700, Rhonda Hyslop nous racontait:
> >Would the damage stop it from running, or just make it act funny when
> >you try to do things, such as starting but not connecting, and then
> >freezing when you try to shut NCU down?
>
> It's the individual archives that are broken. I don't know about the
> disk image but last time I tried, it worked.

so NCU should work. Because I haven't managed to get it talking to my
newton at all, as I've mentioned here a couple of times (never getting
any answers). And I know it isn't a serial port issue, because nXchange
talks to my newton just fine via my serial port.

> >Unfortunately I can't remember which files I installed, but I think it
> >was the macos755-boot image plus maybe one or two parts, but I'm willing
> >to re-do it to see if I can get Basilisk II and my newt talking. Which
> >file(s) should I use?
>
> macos755-boot and NewtDevel-HFSimage.zip

Well, I looked again at Basilisk, and I have just the mac boot image
loaded. I'm interested in doing some newton development, but I want to
get my computer and newton talking, first! Would the NewtDevel image
help in the basic communication department?

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project