Re: [NTLK] programming Newton

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 12:42:17 PDT

Il me semble que le 5/5/03 ā 12:37 -0700, Rhonda Hyslop nous racontait:
>Well, I looked again at Basilisk, and I have just the mac boot image
>loaded. I'm interested in doing some newton development, but I want to
>get my computer and newton talking, first! Would the NewtDevel image
>help in the basic communication department?

No. Apparently, you have a problem with Basilisk. Basilisk is not a
regular Mac. It has to emulate the serial port somehow. I heard about
users who used it for Ethernet backups, but I don't know about serial
connections. I suggest looking into the Basilisk II documentation in
case there is some mention of the serial port. Also, setting NCU
preferences may help.

For your information, when NCU is closed, it tries to close the
serial port (and NCU does not this regularly, instead it does a patch
to ensure that the serial port is closed even if it crashed). This
means that a problem with the serial port emulation might explain
your issues with closing NCU.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/