Re: [NTLK] [OT] apple store hoe-down?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 00:15:33 PDT

On dinsdag, mei 6, 2003, at 07:06 Europe/Amsterdam, Christian Burk
wrote:
> After about a year now of using my newton every day, without exception,
> for everything, dates, contacts, notes, all sorts of 3rd party
> software, etc., I am throwing in the towel regarding the use of the
> newton as an organizer. Someone's got a Palm Zire ($55 on eBay with
> shipping) heading my way.
>
> The reason is pretty simple: easy syncing. Today, it makes as much or
> more sense to use palm products as anything else with the mac, what
> with the address book and iSync (yes, I got suckered into keeping my
> @mac.com account by paying).

Seems funny to abandon the Newt at the moment that soon two new
synching tools are available, not mentioning the ones that already
exist.

With synching making backups becomes more important, but that part is
not daunting at all (at least for me, never had a problem, with any Mac
and with any Newt, and I had quite a few of both)

> So, that's the deal. It sounds more complicated, but it's not. I'm
> going to export my contacts and calendar from my newton for the last
> time (a process I dread

Why?

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html