Re: [NTLK] How can I make Escale 1.0.1 work?

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 06:46:21 PDT

> I am trying to get Escale 1.0.1 to work. I am using TCP/IP. If I use
> zero config, I get an error that says mDNS NIE Error A communications
> problem has occurred after choosing the computer and hitting the little
> x to close the window. (Maybe I am not supposed to close that window,
> but if I don't hit the x, it just sits there.)

I have the same problem. The Newt shows a nearly blank slip. Just says
something like TCP/IP and nothing else no bar, nothing. And Escale still
tells me to start a connection on my Newt.

> If I do manual config, I don't get any errors on the newton when I push
> connect, but I never get a connection according to the Mac.

Yup, this too. I am dying to install NewtyES, but can't get anything to
install it properly. On the off chance that Escale does connect (only on
Appletalk, and only occassionaly), and does install something, I get an
error that says this application may not work with your version of the
opperating system. And that's that. Tis frustrating to no end. Right now
I have to do all installations on my pc at the dreaded rate of 9600
baud. Aaargh.

-Nate

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html