Re: [NTLK] Creation of an off topic list?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 12:41:15 PDT

Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Doesn't anybody feel that this thread is becoming a
> little... off-topic?
   Yes and no.
   I can see off-topic posts being a real annoyance for some people _ those who want Newtontalk to be ONLY about Newtons, those who read Newtontalk on their Newton, and those in Europe who pay by the second to download Newtontalk messages.
   However, off-topic posts also add to the Newtontalk experience _ we all learned something from the infamous poutine debate.
   Maybe a compromise would be to make the rule that off-topic MUST be tagged [OT], kept SHORT (a maximum number of words possibly) and taken off-list IMMEDIATELY and WITHOUT QUESTION when the list-dad deems it's time to do so.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html