[NTLK] Two cents Screen Repair

From: Winston MacKelvie (winstonworks_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 12:31:14 PDT

Hi folks,

I recently received a 2100 from J&K Sales which was listed as used,=20
marked, and with no covers etc. It works fine and I transferred the=20
necessaries from my 2000. However the screen was badly and noticeably=20
marked with a weird regular pattern of small circles in a row and there=20=

were other more irregular wear areas. The stylus didn't like to ride=20
over these blemishes. Under a microscope I could see that the surface=20
damage at those locations appeared as numerous mini scratches. So I=20
took a white candle (un-lit) and rubbed the wax hard into the areas=20
affected and rubbed off the excess from screen with tissue paper. Now=20
the blemishes can only be seen from a specific light angle and the pen=20=

runs over then just fine.
Thats my 2=A2's worth.

Regards,
Winston=