[NTLK] Help: "Cannot Reach Server"

From: Karl and Kathleen (kapri_at_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 10:55:51 PDT

I have tried everything within my technical ability, and I still cannot
connect over TCP/IP.

Yes I looked in the Faq, WikiWiki, Melourne wireless, and Newton
Enlightenment with No luck. Can someone please walk a newbie through
this?

I am using the Lucent WavLan Silver card with Hiroshi's driver (paid
for). I can send and download email SimpleMail and browse the internet
with Newthopper. When I try to dock with my mac using TCP/IP I get a
window reading " (!) Dock TCP/IP cannot reach the server"

I am using OS 10.2.6 and have the firewall turned off. I even added
the port to the list of accepted file sharing.

What have I left out? When I use Escale I get all the way to the end
and then get the message. When I use NCU the Newton cannot find a
computer on the network.

Please help,
Thanks,

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html