[NTLK] Why, oh why did Apple call this machine Newton?

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 13:54:09 PDT

Hi gang,

after having spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out an
eBay search string that
gives me Newton auctions worldwide regardless of the category, I came to
the conclusion
that life would be much easier if Apple had called our little green
friend quayxiptl. Or something
remotely similar. Here is what brought me from nearly 1800 auctions down
to about 350 of which 90
percent or so are what you'd be looking for. It's not possible to add
additional search criteria since
the length of the search string is limited.

Frank

newton -fig -falls -slim -baby -ruth -spieg* -doll -thandie -matt -map
-wheels* -robert -postc* -richard -sussex -james -kansas -iowa -edwin
-telecom -sons -olivia -john -isaac -wayne -winsor -helmut -juice -boys
-highway* -yearb* -teles* -cheri* -law -massa* -huey -agnes -family
-herbert -edward

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html