Re: [NTLK] Why, oh why did Apple call this machine Newton?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 17:31:38 PDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 5/15/03 4:54 PM, the entity known
as Frank Gruendel transmitted the following from fg2_at_pda-soft.de:

> Hi gang,
>
> after having spent a considerable amount of time trying to figure out an
> eBay search string that
> gives me Newton auctions worldwide regardless of the category, I came to
> the conclusion
> that life would be much easier if Apple had called our little green
> friend quayxiptl. Or something
> remotely similar. Here is what brought me from nearly 1800 auctions down
> to about 350 of which 90
> percent or so are what you'd be looking for. It's not possible to add
> additional search criteria since
> the length of the search string is limited.
>
> Frank
>
> newton -fig -falls -slim -baby -ruth -spieg* -doll -thandie -matt -map
> -wheels* -robert -postc* -richard -sussex -james -kansas -iowa -edwin
> -telecom -sons -olivia -john -isaac -wayne -winsor -helmut -juice -boys
> -highway* -yearb* -teles* -cheri* -law -massa* -huey -agnes -family
> -herbert -edward
>
> -- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

Ummm... How about searching on: Newton Messagepad OR Apple Newton ???

Or, depending on your interest you could also try a specific model: Newton
2100, for example.

- Eric.

Fight political correctness!  Speak the truth!!!
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html