Re: [NTLK] eMate Ethernet Card Trouble

From: Matt Janeczek (MJJ14_at_aol.com)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 08:39:01 PDT

 THANK YOU, you finally solved it for me! When I plugged the card in my
laptop some CARDBUS driver poppped up, so I am guessing I can't use this one
then. But it does not say that anywhere on the card? How I am supposed to
differentiate between the two?
Simon Muller wrote:

Hi Matt,

When you get a message like this, it usually means the card is not
compatible. Are you sure you don't have a cardbus version? Those are
not recognised by the Newton.

I have a card with the same number you mention, saying it's a Megahertz
card. It doesn't work with the 3com589dt driver, but does with the 589d
one.

I got the driver here:
http://www.google.nl/search?q=cache:30jNCHW5bhwJ:www.chuma.org/newton/[1]
ethernet/+newton+3CXE589DT+driver&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8

Simon Muller

--
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/[2] for all
inquiries