Re: [NTLK] TIME STILL CURRENT AFTER RESET!

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 23:58:21 PDT

I do not remember what was the reason behind for that "factory calaibration"
message, but regarding time and date it is pretty clear that you need to
unpower the Newt completely and wait (at minimum) 4-6 hours for the superCap
to be discharged. Of course if the device is open you can discharge the
superCap much faster using a resistor to short the capacitor pins.
As long as the superCap will hold sufficient charge, the RTC of the Newt
will keep date ad time and will continue ticking.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html