Re: [NTLK] Help! NCU troubles...

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 03:26:29 PDT

>On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 09:31 Europe/Amsterdam, Bruce E. Durocher
>II wrote:

> > I installed NCU and rebooted under OS X, where I had
> > previously added the Keyspan drivers. NewTen works fine, NewtSync
>> works fine, Escale works about half the time. NCU only worked under
>> serial for about ten minutes--enough to verify it *would* export
>> NewtWorks files to my Mac, but not enough for anything else
>
>Since I only use Ethernet I can't really help you wiht the details, but
>just some suggestions:
>
>Do you use AppleTalk over serial, and if so did you try it without
>AppleTalk and/or LocalTalk?

        I was unsuccessful trying to use AppleTalk--I kept messing up
the settings for my 802.11b connection--so I managed to get a
connection using serial alone.

>I don't get the 'NCU only worked under serial for about ten minutes'
>part (seems to suggest you're using AppleTalk because OS X seems to
>have the nasty tendency to drop unused AppleTalk connections) because
>that should give you ample time to transwer your stuff, no?

        I connected, and spent about ten minutes transferring a
couple of packages and a one-line NewtonWorks document to make sure I
could do so. Finished the transfer and shut down the PowerBook since
I was going to be visiting a sick relative in a hospital room for
most of the day. When I got back and restarted the PowerBook I could
not get NCU to connect via serial no matter what I tried.
*Something* seems to be incorrectly set, but I don't know what.

>HTH

        Thanks for the suggestions!

--
Bruce E. Durocher II