Re: [NTLK] Help! NCU troubles...

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 01:07:16 PDT

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 09:31 Europe/Amsterdam, Bruce E. Durocher
II wrote:
> O.K. I finally managed to get my PowerBook booting up in OS
> 9 again. I installed NCU and rebooted under OS X, where I had
> previously added the Keyspan drivers. NewTen works fine, NewtSync
> works fine, Escale works about half the time. NCU only worked under
> serial for about ten minutes--enough to verify it *would* export
> NewtWorks files to my Mac, but not enough for anything else

Since I only use Ethernet I can't really help you wiht the details, but
just some suggestions:

Do you use AppleTalk over serial, and if so did you try it without
AppleTalk and/or LocalTalk?

I don't get the 'NCU only worked under serial for about ten minutes'
part (seems to suggest you're using AppleTalk because OS X seems to
have the nasty tendency to drop unused AppleTalk connections) because
that should give you ample time to transwer your stuff, no?

HTH

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html