Re: [NTLK] People Still Recognize the Newton

From: Jonathan Ramos (imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 20:18:59 PDT

Hi guys,
OOOH, OOOH...my turn!

Last week, Wed. night, I was with a large group, about 20 or so, a
majority of whom are CG artists, very high-tech minded people. We were
at an early screening for the Matrix Reloaded. While we were waiting for
the trailers to start, I pulled out my Newt and played Deep Green chess
with a friend of mine. In the darkened theater, the large green
backlight is extremly visible, a friend of a friend asked if it was a
Newton. Eventually this turned into a small demo to that guy - same
thing we all do showing off the Newt. Then he said, "I always wanted
one." Several of my friends were watching this, all of whom have either
a Palm or Pocket PC, compared their handheld to mine - the usual
discussion about pda's . My chess partner then said, "Since he's a
designer, he has to show off his stuff to us CG guys. It's still cool,
though."

That bought a smile to my face.

Later,
Jonathan