Re: [NTLK] [OT] Stupid things

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 07:54:52 PDT

>>Wow! Five second zaps! Electric fences over here
give short pulses
about
>>every two seconds. It really feels like someone
hitting you with a
>>two-by-four on whatever bodypart that happens to
touch the fence.

>Well, it -felt- like 5 seconds! (:

Interesting. We also have electric fences in New York.
They are the exception. I distinctly remember trying
to climb over one (I grew up in dairy country), only
then to discover it was electric.

However it certainly did not feel like a two by four!
In fact it felt rather mild. I distinctly remember
holding it again - twice - after getting zapped asking
myself "is this electric?" to see how strong it
wasn't. I also remember thinking "this -ain't- gonna
stop a cow!"

They actually lose voltage if they get long enough
(the fences that is, not the cows). The wire has some
resistance, the voltage is not that high.

Anyway I'm sure this, and my mom's electric dryer with
a short (yaow, now *that was shocking, got it at least
two or three times) and my habit of battery licking
(YUM!) have given me a high resistance. Never measured
it with an ohm meter though. Have no idea why but I
actually enjoy being shocked, mildly, (and have a
dozen electric gadgets).

Oh, and yes, radio's distort near me. I think that's
so cool!

=====
Debunking conspiracy theorists' paranoid fantasies about Sept. 11
http://911-strike.com/debunking.htm

If you have nothing to hide you have no need for privacy laws, right?
so why does the government insist on keeping its own information secret?