[NTLK] Airport Extreme and Newton

From: Chris Fava (trancefusion_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 13:41:29 PDT

I just received an Airport Extreme base station for my birthday, and would like to use it with my Newton 2100. I have three computers that are already networked with wires, no problems and I don?t think I want to remove the wires, since they?re desktops. I?m getting a new 12? Powerbook sometime in the near future so I?m not getting rid of the Airport Extreme.

Do I understand correctly that it?s not possible to use a Newton w/Orinoco Silver card with Airport 2.0 and Mac OS X?

I read through the archives and found that people have success only if they?re using Airport 1.2, OS 9, AND an Airport card in their Mac. I don?t have an Airport card in my iMac, I was planning on just using the base station with the Newton for now.

Say I get an Airport card for my iMac ? How do I get old Airport software 1.2? Must I be running OS 9 for the Newton to connect? Does Classic work? I never boot into 9 anymore. I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance to all.

-Chris

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html