Re: [NTLK] Airport Extreme and Newton

From: Robert Velarde (mindtopaper_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 21:32:50 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 17:43:47 -0700
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Airport Extreme and Newton
From: Chris Fava <chris_at_technotricity.com>

Yes, I know that for Macs Airport Extreme is backwards compatible with the
old 11Mbps regular Airport, but that was not my question.
I=B9m trying to get my Newton to talk to my Airport base station. And from
what I read, Hiroshi=B9s driver only works with Airport 1.2. If someone can
confirm my original post, I=B9d really appreciate it.
=3D=3D=3D=3D

Greetings, fellow Newton users. This is my first post here after lurking a
few weeks. It's great to have a place to learn more about my Newts (MP130
and a MP2100).=20

(FYI, I'm on digest mode, so maybe this issue has been addressed already.)
Chris, I am successfully using a LucentWaveLAN Turbo Silver w/OS X and my
Airport Extreme base station with my MP2100. The firmware on my Lucent is
upgraded to Gold for 128-bit WEP, but it worked before I did this as a
Silver, but not at 128-bit. In any case, my Airport Admin Utility is v.3.0.=
1
and my base station firmware is v.5.0.3 It works great with Hiroshi's
driver (registered). The only change I had to make in Airport Admin Utility
was setting the "mode" to "802.11b only" as the "802.11b/g Compatible"
setting did not work with my Newton 2100.

-Robert Velarde

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html