[NTLK] 120 Battery Power Problem

From: Terry Clark (newton_at_mooo.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 09:42:48 PST

Hello to everyone!

I recently bought a 120 from eBay. The Newton seems to work fine, as long as
the mains power adaptor is plugged in, but I don't seem to be able to get it
going from batteries...

The unit doesn't work with either of two rechargeable packs I have (one came
with the unit and the other I bought seperately as 'new') nor with a set of
brand new AA standard batteries. If I put the AAs into my 110 Newton, then
the 110 works fine. Conversely, if I swap the batteries already in the 110
into the 120, the 120 still doesn't work.

I've double & triple-checked that the batteries have been put in the correct
way etc.

The eBay vendor has offered to replace the unit but I thought I'd check if
anyone else has had the problem or if I've done something 'silly'. I used to
use my OMP regularly years ago, but I'm a newcomer to using 110/120 Newtons.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Cheers

- Terry

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html