Re: [NTLK] 120 Battery Power Problem

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 03:17:39 PST

>The unit doesn't work with either of two rechargeable packs I have (one
came
>with the unit and the other I bought seperately as 'new') nor with a
set of
>brand new AA standard batteries. If I put the AAs into my 110 Newton,
then
>the 110 works fine. Conversely, if I swap the batteries already in the
110
>into the 120, the 120 still doesn't work.

I't think that this is either a problem with one of the two cables from
the
battery compartment to the main logic board (I expect you checked the
battery
contacts are clean) or with the fuse. The Fuse is labeled "50". It is
component F1, you will find it close to where the red wire from the
battery
compartment is soldered to the main logic board (on the opposite side).
If the seller has offered to replace the unit, I'd take him up on this
offer
if I were you.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de