Re: [NTLK] Phone applications inspired by the Newton?

From: Terry Clark (newton_at_mooo.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 07:56:00 PST

>From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>

>on 11/1/03 12:42 PM, Terry Clark at newton_at_mooo.demon.co.uk wrote:
>[snip!]
>> The PDA software on my phone is pretty basic compared to what a Newton
does.

>Yep, that's pretty much the problem with those "smart" phones: when you
>check carefully, they're pretty basic. Having a screen even smaller than
the
>first Palm Pilot, I can't imagine what you can really do, besides browsing
>information. I can't imagine writing a full email on such a small thing. I
>already think that the 2000 screen is the minimum you can use to really be
>effective in your handwriting, so...

Agree with the point about phone screen sizes! I have a Nokia 3650 which has
a pretty 'generous' screen size for a phone but is still quite cramped.

What I was thinking were the finer points like the 'assist' functionality.
It'd be nice to link a to-do item to call/text message/email functionality -
even more useful on a phone when there seems to be a lot of menu levels to
navigate up & down.

- Terry

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html