Re: [NTLK] SMART Flash Memory Card problem

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 10:01:23 PST

Henry Anderson wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I installed the demo version. It appeared to be a good install, it
> re-booted my Newton however I'm having the same problem. I insert the card
> and it pops open a window which reads: "This card appears to be new. Do you
> want to erase and format this card?" I choose erase and another window pops
> up warning me that it will delete all information and asking me if I want to
> continue. I do, and a final window pops open "There is a problem with this
> card. (This memory card is write protected.)" Defective card?

Not necessarially.

You mentioned you have a 130? Do you have the latest patch installed from
Apple? If you go into Extras->i->Memory Info you should have an OS version of
2.0 (526205)-1. If the number in brackets is different, download and install
the package here:

http://toronto.unna.org/unna/apple/software/SystemPatches/english/130/

Then try the card.

Do other linear flash cards work in that Newton?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html