Re: [NTLK] Syncing NewtWorks in MacOSX+

From: NewtonGuy (newtonpad_at_alltel.net)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 16:33:55 PST

True you need to set OS X to use appletalk. However, appletalk will
remain inactive if you are
using a crossover cable to connect your Newton to the mac. You will
need to use a hub or a switch to
connect while booted in OS X. I personally dislike this but it is
necessary.

I had not heard of Escale before. I downloaded it, connected to my
Newton with appletalk. I did not try
any of the functions other than keyboard which froze my Newton when I
tried to discontinue it's use.
I think that it is cool they are making this. I was thinking of making
a copy of NCU for OS X, and giving
it away for free. It was going to be my way of learning programming.

I would like to see the import and export functions appear in Escale.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html